You know there are sometimes you cannot help but shoot yourself in the foot. I’m particularly good at that and tend to be my own worst enemy. Remember when I wrote the post on setting goals for 2013? I made this observation early in the post
Finally I got around to deciding what I should set up for work-related goals for 2013. One of the first things I need to do is learn to not be so snarky when commenting on things that annoy me. This of course will take all of my self-preservation skills since stupidity makes me crazy and I can’t help but call it out when I see it. Step 1 I guess is going to be avoiding forums that piss me off
Now you would think that I would KNOW better than to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person but I cannot seem to help myself. This person shall remain unnamed because I would classify them as borderline lunatic but here’s the long and short of it.
- You disagree with me – you are a stalker
- You want to get paid a decent rate – you charge too much and I would never hire you
- You are a provider who wants an up front payment – I won’t hire you
- You are a client who hired a contractor on an hourly assignment – use fixed rate and don’t pay up fronts
- You are a contractor who got conned by a client on a fixed rate assignment – use upfront payments (SHOCKED)
Yes! That’s true this person is FULL of contradictions and well frankly is about one of the most idiotic I have ever run into in a forum! But I persisted in responding to this person’s posts because frankly, I couldn’t help myself. OK I just had to vent and get this off my chest, there was no real point here Move along, nothing to see here Thanks for letting me get this off my chest!!!