So here we are again at the end of another month! First I broke one of my rules: You know the one about not feeding trolls in forums or actually it was more like getting into shouting matches with idiots but ya, that I blew big time. This was another mixed bag month though I did manage to take two full weekends OFF which I think is a record for me. I did not take them off back to back though! So let’s see what the good bad and ugly of this short month was. So let’s see what is happening with the overall 2013 goals.
I seem to be an abysmal failure maintaining two blogs! Part of this seems to be I have a lack of new material and part of it is I was getting really down because the overall traffic on “No Scam Work at Home” was so bad. So I made a decision: I have set up that blog to point here and I moved all the posts over here. Ironically enough, my traffic spiked almost immediately so I guess that’s a good thing. Overall I managed to get something like 5 blog posts done all month long so the goal is to do better in March.
- Writer Access – This was no problem. 24 articles in 28 days so that’s a good one. The overall goal was to write 2-5 per week so that’s a good one and I have made this one.
- Textbroker – Failed again. In fact, since I got bashed by an editor over there, I have not been back. Keep an eye here though because I may have actually found a way to substitute something else here. Tomorrow (3/1) I’ll be writing a new review about the “new” site and I expect I’ll be able to meet the goals that I currently have set for TB.
- Skyword – As expected, only 2 articles. Finding work there is getting harder and harder. I did get accepted to a new program and the article expired because they sent it back for a new image (don’t ask). However, I did get two submitted so goal made!
- Helium – I even surprised myself on this one. The goal was 1 article a month and this month I submitted 20 (yes, that’s not a typo, twenty!). Some were even in the assignment system so I made a few dollars too!
- Microtasks – I didn’t do one thing on Crowd Cloud this month but earned a few dollars from people I referred who did. I also did a whole batch of stuff at Mechanical Turk and have the funds to buy a book but have not decided what yet.
Twitter account is running well as is my Facebook page. I have to admit I am considering dumping the FB page though since I have a ton of followers but hardly any “likes”. I only got 4 pieces added to my portfolio this month and added about 30 pieces to RedGage so that’ was a bit of a mixed bag. Have to work harder on these in March!
I should also put out there that I managed to write over 18,000 words of content for various clients this month so that’s nothing to sneeze at either. In addition, 32 blog posts on the new site I’ll be reporting on tomorrow! Thanks as usual for plowing through my ranting and raving!