In my ongoing determination to keep up with goals I set, based on the original January goals I am not doing so hot but remember, I did change these goals in early April. So, with that said, let’s see how well April worked out. In fairness, I should disclose I did not work the last week of April (or the first week of May) regularly (which is why this post is going up today nearly 1/3 of the way through May) so that had an impact on my productivity clearly! But let’s see how things stacked up!
- Blogs – April was a bad month for blogging for some reason. I seemed to have a major spike in traffic but the fact remains I did not post that many new posts during the month. I also dropped the ball on the portfolio so I really need to do a lot better during May (though I’m already way behind!). Overall, this was a bad month for posting but frankly, it was one of the most lucrative in terms of income for the blogs so that’s something!
- Writing – My Writer Access goals were 2-3 per week during the month of April. I managed to complete 22 total titles during the month. I did absolutely nothing at Textbroker (no surprise there!) and I managed to get 48 posts completed at Blogmutt. While the Blogmutt fell a bit short of where I wanted it to (I was shooting for 60), it was pretty darn close so I’m fairly happy with that one. I didn’t submit any titles on Helium this month but I blame that mostly on a lack of interest in writing during April. I’m already way behind on May goals so I’m not looking for an improvement until at least June. It is important to note here that I did several projects for private clients which also played a role in how little I got accomplished.
- Microtasks – I did a little bit at Amazon during April though not enough to really make a serious impact on my Amazon account. I’ll save what I did earn and shoot for another book by the end of May. Nothing at CrowdCloud interested me enough to get me to work on it.
- Social Media – Actually I did much better with this during April than at any time since the year started. In large part, this was due to the fact that I finally convinced Twitter (after blasting them) that I wasn’t trying to steal someone else’s account! After all of this, I finally got my Twitter account reinstated and I was able to go in and remove some of the bogus followers I have been inundated with. I will continue working on cleaning this up and getting busy with some new followers worth their salt.
Overall, April was not as productive as I would have hoped it would be but it wasn’t dismal either. I don’t expect May to be a lot more productive than April given that this post is almost two weeks late so you can see where this is going! Onward and upward, I know I can do better!